Tuesday 18 March 2014

What I did on my trip to Sheffield (or a plug for Wargames Emporium)

Not many posts, but been getting a bit of painting and modelling underway in one form or another (here's my rather confused painting space, on the dining room table).



Imaginary and totally irrelevant points on offer for spotting what's going on there!

Work also took me up to Sheffield last week for a seminar.  Knowing I'd have a bit of time at lunch in the city centre I thought I'd check out Wargames Emporium, which was nearby.  Since my local model shop in Chesterfield town centre closed, and Modelzone went under, pickings have been pretty slim. The opening of a Hobbycraft helped, but it's pretty much limited to Airfix kits and doesn't have any vallejo paints.

Although small and tucked away on the upper floor of some small craft units at the back of a shopping mall, it was a great little shop, well stocked with paints and all sorts of models: through GW, Copplestone and on to the likes of Plastic Soldier Company plus the obligatory collectible card games (not for me, bit whatever floats your boat...).  I'd intended to just pick up some paint, but somehow ended up coming out with box of Caesar Fallschirmjäger.  Nice models, showing Caesar's usual quality of sculpting and production.  I'll post some WIP photos as I go on, but here's some pretty poor pics to be going with.




1 comment: